Have you heard about My McDonald’s WiFi? Yes, the largest food chain is providing free WiFi at their location. In this amazing article, we are going to introduce to you McDonald’s free WiFi and how to access it.
The world’s leading fast-food giant has been offering WiFi to their customers for several years for a small cost, roughly around $2.95 for a couple of hours but that changed in 2011. As of today, McDonald’s offers free internet access, and without any bandwidth or time limit. WiFi connection is largely provided for free in 11,500 McDonalds restaurants nowadays.
- 1 Connect to Mcdonald’s Free WiFi
- 2 Access McDonald’s WiFi Through Laptop
- 3 Connecting to McDonald’s Free WiFi through Android
- 4 McDonald’s Free WiFi Connect Through Apple iOS Device
- 5 Use of McDonald’s Free WiFi
- 6 How Fast is McDonald’s Free Wi-Fi Speed?
Connect to Mcdonald’s Free WiFi
If you are thinking that how you can connect to McDonald’s Free WiFi then, it’s easy now to find and access it. You just have to stay within the range of McDonald’s outlet. In just a few steps with your laptop and smartphone, you can know about the free Wi-Fi location of the McDonald’s. Finding the restaurant is quite easy, follow the steps given here:
- Just go to McDonald’s restaurant locator page.
- In that page, you just have to enter the name of your town in the search field
- After that, scroll down and see the results and find a location that features WiFi under Services.
- It’s done. Those locations have WiFi access.
Access McDonald’s WiFi Through Laptop
With your laptop device, you can conveniently connect to McDonald’s free WiFi. Here we are giving you a procedure to connect McDonald’s free WiFi with your laptop:
- Firstly, open your laptop and move your cursor to the right side in your screen. Click on the McDonald’s Free WiFi icon.
- In that, you will find Wi-Fi connections available for you at that location. One of that will be McDonald’s Free Wi-Fi’ network. Click on it and select Connect to get an internet connection.
- As the network established, your browser will automatically open and you will find the McDonald’s Internet Terms of Service web page on your screen. Read them and then just click the red button written as getting Connected.
- Then you connected and status message will appear at the top of the page “You are connected to McDonald’s WiFi. Enjoy!”.
- Now you are connected to McDonald’s free WiFi. So, you need to open a new tab in your browser and visit any website of your desire. You can disconnect your internet connection whenever you want.
Connecting to McDonald’s Free WiFi through Android
Likewise, you can also connect using your Android phone to McDonald’s free WiFi network. Follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- First of all, go to your phone’s Settings and select the WiFi option.
- As you on your Wi-Fi you will find a list of networks. Among them select McDonald’s Free Wi-Fi and tap on it to connect.
- Quickly, you’ll see a connected status.
- Now, just open any of your mobile web browsers and it will automatically open McDonald’s WiFi connection page.
- Simply, tap on getting Connected to connect to the WiFi network.
- Now you are connected to McDonald’s free WiFi. So, browse whatever you want.
McDonald’s Free WiFi Connect Through Apple iOS Device
Similar to other devices, you can connect to McDonald’s free WiFi through iOS. Here the steps indicated below to connect your iOS:
- In the first step, just open your iPhone Settings menu, and tap on Wi-Fi.
- After that, choose McDonalds Free Wi-Fi. You will notice there is a small message: Unsecured Network.
- Lastly, open any other browser and you’ll automatically be directed to McDonald’s Free WiFi log in page. Simply, tap on Get Connected.
- As a result, you are connected to McDonald’s free WiFi. So, just start browsing.
Use of McDonald’s Free WiFi
When you are connected to free wifi of McDonald’s as per above steps you can use this service to complete your work, social media use your transactions and to complete a Customer Satisfaction Survey which is offered by McDonald’s. This McDVoice Survey helps you to give feedback about the food you are eating like a cheeseburger at the outlet and quality of service, staff, and food. By completing this Survey you can also get free food coupons from them. With the use of this coupon, you may have a free meal also.
How Fast is McDonald’s Free Wi-Fi Speed?
Are you excited to know about the strength of McDonald’s Free Wi-Fi? Actually you don’t believe when you know about the results. Because free networks are usually slow and disconnect repeatedly. Here are some test results of McDonald’s free Wi-Fi. The test was taken at a particular McDonald’s Wi-Fi internet network. So, the qualities of the network are:
- The download speed of the network is 58 Mbps.
- 14 Mbps upload speed was found.
- The unloaded latency recorded with minimal activity on the network was 27 millisecond.
- The latency found 517 milliseconds when heavy data usage is there.
These results indicate that when you are enjoying your favorite food menu at McDonald’s, you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies without any network issues.
Hopefully, this quality literature helps you to know about McDonald’s free WiFi service. McDonald’s provides very strong internet access to customers without any cost. So, just keep in view the security aspects and enjoy the best WiFi.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the FAQs about this free service offered by McDonald’s at their outlet. In addition to that, if you want to know more FAQs about food and McDonald’s please visit the relevant FAQs section of this site.
Yes, it is secured as per the security standards of the internet industry.
You can connect and use this WiFi at McDonald’s. Definitely, it’s yes.
Please refer to the above-mentioned section on how do I connect to McDonald’s free WiFi.
Normally, the speed varies between 20 to 50 MBPS depending upon location, connectivity and the number of people using this service at the same time. Usually, you will get 28 MBPS average speed.